jueves, 16 de diciembre de 2010

Letter to the editor: same-sex marriage

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my support for gay marriage. I was extremely disappointed when I read on the editorial of your latest issue that there is no place for same-sex marriages.

We are concerned about two persons of the same sex getting married. Instead of judging others, we should take a real look at our society’s decadence and lack of education. These are the real causes of the decline of our society.

In our cities, streets are no longer safe. Crime is becoming increasingly violent. Lack of opportunities and the availability of cheap and dangerous drugs are the cause of these problems.

At school, I was taught that homosexuality goes against nature and that it should not exist. Now that I am an adult, I wonder what fear lies beneath this prejudice. Some people think that gay marriage is the apocalypse, but have no problem watching semi-naked women on the most viewed television show.

Some of those who oppose gay marriage use religious reasons to back their ideas. They claim that God created men and women to be together as a couple. Therefore, homosexuality goes against God’s plan and rules. They also express that women are “designed” for men and vice-versa. As a Catholic, I do not think that God will unleash his fury upon me for supporting gay marriage. What is more, I strongly believe that God’s message is about love, and nothing is more beautiful than two persons expressing their love for each other.

We should give everybody the opportunity to choose. I would rather see a child raised by the same sex parents than read about that child in the papers for committing a murder or being part of the increasing number of children involved in drug abuse.

Yours sincerely,

Scarlet Paltrow.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.